Click on above image for more screenshots.
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition to release on October 27th 2015 on PS4 and Xbox One
Nordic Games and Gunfire Games unleash Death just in time for Halloween
Vienna (Austria)/Austin, Texas (United States), October 6th 2015:October 6, 2015
- Nordic Games today announced that the Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition will release worldwide on October 27th 2015 - boxed and digital - at a price point of USD/EUR 29.99 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.“It’s rare that as developers we get the opportunity to revisit one of our previous games. The passage of time and the numerous games we’ve worked on since Darksiders II shipped has allowed us to return to it with a fresh perspective. With that said, we went back to what is a huge game and addressed things we didn’t have time for or didn’t notice the first time. We started by revisiting every asset in the game, increasing the texture resolutions and brought the art up to spec to take full advantage of the new lighting and rendering. Darksiders II has a lot of DLC in the form of weapons, armor and unique locations. These pieces of DLC which felt separate from the main campaign have now been integrated into the game and rebalanced accordingly. Lastly, we’ve addressed much of the feedback we received after the game’s release in regards to balance and bugs. With all these changes, this is truly the Definitive Edition of Darksiders II.”
-John Pearl, Design Director, Gunfire Games
Furthermore, Gunfire Games – with special guests from Airship Syndicate (Joe Madureira, Ryan Stefanelli) – will host a streaming event of Darksiders II at 3pm EST tomorrow, October 6th 2015 at www.twitch.tv/gunfire_games
The Deathinitive Edition will be a visually updated version of Darksiders II, including all DLCs (Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb) and running in native 1080p resolution. In addition to the graphic upgrade, adjustments to the game balancing and loot distribution have been made. The entire project is in the experienced hands of Gunfire Games, where nearly all staffers have already been working at Vigil Games and on Darksiders in the past.About Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition:
What starts with War, ends with Death.
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation...
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition Features:
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
- Heaven/Hell: Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
Spread The Word...
- Darksiders II with All DLCs* included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours
*(Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov's Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher's Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul's Tomb)
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution